Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday madness

This weekend seemed to go by in a blink!`Saturday we took the girls bowling. They had so much fun!!! I thought they would get bored after a while, but they were into it the whole time! Annabelle was so proud of herself everytime she knocked some pins. She even got a spare! Katie would go to the line, get on all fours and we'd put the ball on the floor for her to push. Thank goodness the lanes are at a slant :-)


By Saturday evening I was feeling pretty rotten with a cold so I went to bed early and got up Sunday, threw some clothes on and took the girls to church and came home for some sleep. I got several looks at church when I showed up in jeans and a tshirt, but I needed some peace and quiet at home (yes, Bob was at church working in the booth, I didn't just "leave" the girls at church. LOL). Sleep along with vegging on the couch with the girls is just what I needed. I felt so much better this morning! Now I hope no one else gets whatever it was.

Today after preschool and Safety town, we "excavated" some treasure! I have read several blogs lately that have described a fun thing for the kiddos...you freeze several toys or "treasure" and give them tools to try to get them out. The girls were excited and Annabelle took to it with a hammer and Katie took to hers with a paint brush...LOL Why does this NOT surprise me! Anyway, they had fun and made a mess, but the best was some quality time spent together.

  After cleaning up the first mess, Annabelle decided she wanted to make her own concoction. I just let her have at it. I sat in the living room and listened as she put water, peanut butter, strawberry, banana, oats, juice, buttermilk, etc in a bowl. It took everything I had not to jump in, but she was loving it! I remember my mom letting me do this as a kid and never saying a word. I give her a LOT of credit!                                         




Now the girls are asleep all snug in their beds and Bob and I are NOT watching cable. Yes, we did finally cancel. Now we are just trying to figure out this internet TV thing. Funny thing, I never thought the girls would like Woody Woodpecker, but when they get up in the morning, that's what they want to watch!

Klos Countdowns:
28 nigh nights to Annabelle's birthday
33 nigh nights to Annabelle and Katie's party
73 nigh nights to Wawa
117 nigh nights til we leave for Disney!










3 comments:

  1. Very cool about the treasure! We will have to do that!

    Laughing at the whole food mixture thing as my kids used to do that at the group home. They would call it their very own "cooking show" and they loved it. Now I am too cheap to let them play like that! Gulp!

    Love the blog and especially like seeing what you guys are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like bowling was fun! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete