Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up with a splitting headache so naturally I thought that was a sure sign of a BAD day. I was pleasantly surprised....The girls let me have my coffee, watch the news and played nicely until I could function. It's been a pretty busy week. This is Annabelle's last week of preschool (camp) plus she has Safety Town every day this week and next. She's been learning a lot! They teach her about safety (hence the name:-), she's learning her phone #, address, animal safety, playground safety, people safety, etc. It's run by the county police dept and has won awards for their dedication to the project. I was afraid of how she would adjust, not knowing anyone, but she surprised me and goes without complaint. I'm hoping this is a sign of how she will do on her first day of kindergarten.

Speaking of...she starts on the 25th. We have the open house to meet her teacher on the 23rd and I think I'm more anxious about it than she is! My baby is growing up! I'm taking her school shopping tomorrow, just her and I with some dinner thrown in. Looking forward to spending this time with her. I have one question...when did it become the responsibility for the parents to furnish the classrooms with supplies??? I remember having to take pens, paper, folders and backpack for MYSELF, not hand soap, glue, markers, etc for the whole class! I understand that the teacher should not have to buy this out of pocket, but the budget should certainly have room for classroom supplies! A sign of the times I guess.

Current Klos countdowns....
25 nigh nights to Annabelle's birthday
about 80 nigh nights to Wawa's visit
SEE! They DO get along sometimes!

about 120 nigh nights til our trip to Disney (which I am booking tomorrow, Rena!)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Your very own blog! How exciting to see life at the Klos house!

    ReplyDelete